Restaurant Point of Sale Application Features
Ease of Operation
Ease of operation
- Modular menu design. Gives you the flexibility to independently create
menu items, item categories, forced instructions and normal instructions.
- Extremely flexible menu design allows the creation of intuitive menus.
- Capacity for thousands of items per menu to accommodate from simple
to complicated multiple level restaurant menus.
- Support for normal, forced and quantity sensitive kitchen instructions
allow each restaurant to customize even the most difficult in preparation
- Forty (40) preparation instructions per menu item.
- Support for approximately 10,000 employees.
- Global and station specific order redirection allows you to print preparation
tickets where you want them.
- Five (5) tax levels to handle existing and new taxes and tax rates.
- On screen paper like invoice facilitates servers in order placing.
- Individual guest totals on single guest check eliminates the need for
multiple guest checks and saves paper.
- Flexible discount and promotion features.
- Custom guest check messages provide free advertising and allow the
management to announce upcoming events and/or specials.
- Touch screen input provides an intuitive interface that is simpler and
faster to use. Benefit from reduced employee training time and improved productivity.
- No more PLU memorizing. Visual menu item display in categories that
practically guide the server through the order.
- Color coded user actions. The system highlights the background of touch
areas on screen upon registering a touch giving the server a visual indication
of the area being touched in order to facilitate the correctness of orders.
- Context sensitive help prompts provide the server with online information
as to what the system expects at different steps of the order taking process.
- Easy recall of both open and closed guest checks. Code protected feature,
allows managers to easily modify and correct any order.
- Touch trace feature forgives that wrong first touch by allowing the
server to trace his/her finger on the screen and only lift-off when the correct
touch button is highlighted.
- Minimum number of different screens allow servers to quickly familiarize
themselves with the P.O.S. in its entirety.
- The ergonomic screen design conveniently places touch buttons where
the server's finger doesn't have to travel from one edge of the screen to
the other continuously throughout the order.
- Split tendering. Allows for acceptance of a number of different payment
types, such as cash and credit for the same guest order.
- Order re-settle. Allows managers to re-settle an already closed order
in order to correct payment types.
- Easy manipulation of line items allows servers to move, split and/or
void items in a few clear and self explanatory steps.
- Extensive station accessible administrative tasks give the managers
the opportunity to perform most of their P.O.S. related duties without leaving
the table area.
- Flexible section and table management.
- English or French P.O.S. operation.
- User defined language for kitchen preparation tickets, independent from
the P.O.S. language of operation.
- Pre-split guest orders allow the waiter to print guest checks in any
combination that customers may request fast and easy.
- Price editing allows authorized employees to modify easy and fast item
prices when needed.
- Any correction can be made in the guest order before it is sent to the
kitchen. Authorized employees can make corrections just as easy to already
- Pre-order verification gives the server a visual display of the complete
order before printing it in the kitchen, allowing for timely correction of
- Visual table in use display shows the servers their occupied tables.
- Automatic invoice and tax calculation eliminates server errors on guest
- Server sign-out reports provide fast and concise totals and eliminate
the need for manual server balancing at the end of a shift.
- Multi-level security features.
- Individually set employee access levels for maximum control and flexibility
in the use of the system.
- Multiple employee shifts allows the management to control servers that
work more than one shift easier and more accurately.
- Easy control the server access of guest orders. Prevent the server from
accessing other server's orders but allow the manager to access all orders.
- Control the guest check settling by either the server or a cashier.
- Controlled manager voiding ability with mandatory void reasons.
- Individually defined server voiding ability provides control and allows
for flexibility in who can void guest checks and/or guest check items.
- Save from the use of system guest checks instead of pre-printed invoices.
- Save server time during order giving since the order is printed automatically
in the kitchen and keep the server more time on the floor.
- Save payroll time during server cash out. Server Shift-End report clearly
indicates totals per payment type, number of invoices per payment type, recorded
tips, etc. The server doesn't have to stay additional time to manually calculate
- Save in guest check errors from wrongly priced items, addition errors
while manually calculating guest checks, tax calculation errors, errors while
manually discounting items, calculation extension errors.
- Save in proffesional fees. The system produces summary tax reports for
any requested period. Fast and easy daily, weekly and monthly sales statements.
Analysis reports for items sold, etc. can be produced by the system whenever
needed by the management.
- Eliminate items not invoiced by servers either by mistake or on purpose.
- Record employee food that is not usually tracked in manual systems.
- Eliminate wrong order preparation from the kitchen due to ineligible
and/or incomplete server instructions.
- Save in administration fees from time required to manually balance and
consolidate server sales, reconciliation of preparation tickets with guest
orders to match and verify kitchen preparation instructions with server invoices,
manual calculation of employee hours worked, calculation of server tips,
estimation of items sold during the day.